According to U.S. News, roughly 80% of Americans give up on their resolutions by the second week of February. So what is the incentive for us to make resolutions? Isn’t it just setting us up to hit the gym and read more just to have us fall back into old habits by mid-February?
At that rate, resolutions can seem pretty pointless. But the article also makes note of the many benefits of making them—from inspiring change and self-reflection to prioritizing self-care.
So, as our growing team of Fixators heads into 2018 with tremendous change in the works, we’re embracing some ambitious attempts at awesomeness.
- Run a marathon
- Bring on a couple more clients for 2018
- Get out on my kayak
- Start meditating again
- Advance to the next level in my career at Fixation
And, your point is?
While we considered our own goals for growth and self-improvement, we were also discussing our thoughts for TSNN’s 2018 industry predictions article. What’s on the horizon for trade shows this year? Here’s a snapshot of what industry experts, including Fixation’s strategy team had to say:
- Our fellow Fixator, Julie Parsons, stated, “Shows that bring attendees, members and prospects into their event well before the doors open and blend content and experience together for a modern engagement and connection will see new levels of loyalty and growth.”
- Sam Lippman, president of Lippman Connects, predicts that in 2018, more shows will collocate and other shows will be “blown-up” into niche events.
- According to Bob James, president and chief storyteller at Bob and David James, “Attendees are growing angrier and more resistant by the day.” Because of this, he believes that targeting is the counter-move that event marketers will master in 2018.
- “Myriad technology trends, including personalization, artificial intelligence and machine learning, and augmented reality will continue to grow throughout 2018”, says Michael Doane, marketing manager of CadmiumCD.
- Marco Pardi, managing director of UBM Technology Group, believes customer-led design is a trend to watch this year. He feels that events must be built with unique programs as a foundation that connect attendees in interesting ways and create an unforgettable experience.
With a little inspiration and aspiration, Fixation heads into 2018 with concrete goals in mind to provide both personal and professional growth. Time to hit the ground running!